Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Urgent Help! I broke my eqmod!

Thalestris24

Have been running eqmod for years and had a bsod when trying to run SharpCap earlier. Couldn't connect to my mount. I uninstalled and reinstalled eqmod. Reinstalled Ascom. But I just keep getting runtime error '62'. I've tried copying over eqmod.ini but nothing seems to make much difference. I'm wondering whether it's a win 10 update bug?? Or likely something else? Everything runs fine with my laptop so it's not a hardware or cable problem. I have clear skies forecast for tonight so hope someone can tell me how to fix this. I can't see anything else obvious to do. I get the same error whatever I use to access the mount whether via eqascom toolbox or ascom tools. Driving me nuts!

Thanks in advance!

Louise

Thanks! After some faffing about, all is working again! I had deleted the eqmod.ini file but not the other two since I don't use alignment data or a joystick. Deleting the other two rectified the problem. Stupid error in some ways - I don't know how it arose. Configured eqmod again now and all seems well. Panic over and it's still forecast clear - fingers crossed!

Many thanks

Louise :D 

:) nice! :) 

Just because of the EQMOD, -  I afraid to re-install my Windows!!!

I had a 2 week long battle with it initially... Could not connect it to my NEQ6. :)
Been changing cables and etc...

Connected by miracle... And the worst thing, - no idea what I did to force it working... :) 
I hope my notebook will survive till May! :)

I have a plan to setup a backup Notebook... but all these apps.. all their settings... I just simply cannot find time to do it from scratch! :)

Lets hope yours will not make any tricks this night! :)
And lets hope my experiment will not attract the clouds :)

I had a similar issue last night as well.  In my case I fired up the computer to find that I somehow uninstalled Cartes du Ciel.  Luckily it only took about 25 minutes to work out what had happened, download it and get the basic configuration done.

7 minutes ago, RolandKol said:

:) nice! :) 

Just because of the EQMOD, -  I afraid to re-install my Windows!!!

I had a 2 week long battle with it initially... Could not connect it to my NEQ6. :)
Been changing cables and etc...

Connected by miracle... And the worst thing, - no idea what I did to force it working... :) 
I hope my notebook will survive till May! :)

I have a plan to setup a backup Notebook... but all these apps.. all their settings... I just simply cannot find time to do it from scratch! :)

Lets hope yours will not make any tricks this night! :)
And lets hope my experiment will not attract the clouds :)

Silly little things can drive you crazy! You probably didn't need to re-install Windows?? I usually just run through the ascom tools and the eqmod driver configurator but cos of the silly error I couldn't get to that. At least I'll know for next time - if I remember!

Louise

Archived