Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Acquisition and Target Database

Jkulin

I have tried looking and can't find a commercial database for storing my acquisitions and planned targets, I currently use a multi tabbed Excel Spreadsheet, but hate the scrolling and format layouts.

Now I'm sure that many well versed people on here could do far better than me, but over the Christmas period I sat down and created an Access database, it's nothing special but seems to suit my needs, I'm not brilliant at this but if anyone wants a copy of the blank database then would be happy to let you have a copy.

image.png.a8a2d1c14ec2f8fcca0101be7925b125.png

image.png.7675cb4d35709604705cc9fc1e6e1e2f.png

I wanted to create a database where I didn't have to scroll all over the place and would fit on my laptop screens as well when out in the field.

If anybody wants to add anything to the database then feel free and share on here so others can see.

As I say, it's just a very simple database that you might find useful.

Well, if you can put the data into Access, you could try importing it into SQL Server Express 2017 (https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=853017), its free & can support databases up to 4GB. You could then keep your Access and or Excel sheets as application windows into the data, or if your feeling very brave, you could write a simple Web front end....

Nice job that, John.

I put together our main business database in our office using Filemaker, which is just a standard relational database, and I found the hardest part to actually be the GUI.  I'm not a particularly artistic person, so it took ages to come up with a layout which would work across all the sheets.  Looks like you've done well on that front with a simply but inviting interface.

Cheers Ray, I'm far from artistic, just wanted to get a simple doorway to storing my info. The GUI wasn't complicated.

I'm just surprised that there wan't anything written out there that could have done something so much better.

Archived