NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Flashing a Toucam pro 2

Rustang

Has anyone still got the capabilities to Flash a Toucam pro 2? If so how much would it cost? I gave it ago with a tech guy at work who tried on a computer running XP, we followed the steps found online but I don't think its worked. I installed the Philips windows 7 driver on my windows 8.1, I have changed what i needed to in word and saved that but when I try and update the driver in the properties of the webcam,  it just wont allow it!

Regards

Russ

Hi Russ and welcome to SGL,   you are going back a few years with the use of Toucams, good luck.   I found an old thread that may or may not help you and if you search the diy pages you may find others.  Can I suggest another camera the early xbox camera is very cheap and easy, but if you can get the Toucam to work the quality will be better (good ccd chip).  Mostly these days astro cameras are easily available, back then modified web cams were almost the only way.  I am sure more advice will be forthcoming. 

On 02/01/2019 at 18:27, Rustang said:

Has anyone still got the capabilities to Flash a Toucam pro 2? If so how much would it cost? I gave it ago with a tech guy at work who tried on a computer running XP, we followed the steps found online but I don't think its worked. I installed the Philips windows 7 driver on my windows 8.1, I have changed what i needed to in word and saved that but when I try and update the driver in the properties of the webcam,  it just wont allow it!

Regards

Russ

Not sure what you mean about changing stuff in word and updating properties, as that’s not at all needed...the camera is just flashed, (with special software and the SPC900 bin file) and then you use the latest SPC900 driver as that it now what the camera is after the flash, the driver is not altered at all...so not sure what you mean there...

You say that someone has already tried, so have they damaged the camera as it is easy to do if not flashed properly...there is a special procedure to follow or it will trash the camera...

Archived