Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SynScan Version 3

I was using my SynScan V 3 I went to park the mount it started alright and then stopped and now the handset has lost contact with the mount I have tried updating it and it keeps saying 07 or 01.7 can anyone help Please

1 hour ago, Wako said:

I was using my SynScan V 3 I went to park the mount it started alright and then stopped and now the handset has lost contact with the mount I have tried updating it and it keeps saying 07 or 01.7 can anyone help Please

We might need a bit of clarification. When the handset is put into update mode (press and hold 0+8 and then power up the handset) the display will show the firmware uploader version of the handset (v1.70 or similar). When the mount or handset is powered up normally it will show the current version of the SynScan firmware (v3.xx.xx)

I am having a problem when  I try to update I press 0 & 8 the hand controller comes up as  Version 1.7 I think 1.7 refers to 1.7 Boot loader but it wont update I need to update because I have a Error saying that there is no responce from both Axes ,   

Is the problem with the mount's electronics, or the handset-to-mount cable? It is possible to get this sort of fault message if the cable became trapped and damaged in the mount as it slewed to the park position. My Skymax's cable is relatively short, and is prone to cord-wrap if the slew to park is close to 360 degrees azimuth. It is also worth checking that all of the mount/cable/handset contacts are clean. If I have any problems with either of my Synscan setups, it is usually due to a poor contact, often the plug not fully home in the socket.

Geoff

On 30/12/2018 at 10:20, Cornelius Varley said:

What happens when the handset is powered directly from the psu (not in update mode) ? Do you known the current Synscan firmware version ? v3.xx.xx ? Are you using a usb-serial adapter to connect the handset to the computer to update the firmware and is correctly installed in device manager ?

That's right a serial-USB  when I power up I am using the latest update  it all started when I was parking the Mount it got nearly there and stopped so I updated it a problem at first so I bought a new SynScan Serial-USB and it loaded the first time the handset says update Version 1.7 so I thought so I the 1.7 Boot-loader but it would not load.

v1.70 refers to the bootloader firmware, which controls the flashing of the Synscan firmware, is different to the Synscan firmware and is displayed when the handset is put into update mode. Do you know which version of the Synscan firmware your handset has ? This can be found by plugging the psu into the handset but not pressing buttons 0 + 8. The current v3 version of the Synscan firmware is v3.39.05

Yes the latest firmware v3 .39. 05 but I did load that after it stopped working I thought it might help  was the old Firmware 38 or 37  I can't remember I have found out that 37 was a bit of a pig it was doing something to the controls.

I have tried everything in the book it is dead I have even tried to put the new Wifi device in and that will not connect to the axes I have no option I will  have to get the Spanners out and Sky Watcher are useless there Support is a non event why  cant Sky Watcher have a phone number so that you can speak to someone not even a customer service line.

3 minutes ago, Wako said:

I will  have to get the Spanners out

It is possible that an internal connector to the control board or motor/encoder assemblies has come adrift. What mount do you have? My Skymax Mak. tripod mount and my Skyliner Dob. base have very different electronics.

What power supply are you using? Too high a voltage can cause components to fail, and too low a voltage often causes problems when slewing, including returning to "Park"

Geoff

Thank's Geoff it's just a SynScan Version 3 Mount  I am  using a 12 volt adapter off the mains it was working perfect and then it just stopped no smells or noises I never even had the Scope on just checking over for the night  but thank's for the tip.

Malcolm

11 minutes ago, Wako said:

Thank's Geoff it's just a SynScan Version 3 Mount  I am  using a 12 volt adapter off the mains it was working perfect and then it just stopped no smells or noises I never even had the Scope on just checking over for the night  but thank's for the tip.

Malcolm

There are at least 5 Synscan mounts that use the v3 handset. EQ3 Pro, EQ5 Pro, HEQ5 Pro, EQ6 Pro, AZ Goto.

51 minutes ago, Wako said:

I have tried everything in the book it is dead I have even tried to put the new Wifi device in and that will not connect to the axes I have no option I will  have to get the Spanners out and Sky Watcher are useless there Support is a non event why  cant Sky Watcher have a phone number so that you can speak to someone not even a customer service line.

If you can't get a connection using the Synscan WiFi dongle then the problem is in the mount not the handset.

ps Skywatcher is an international company. It might be better to contact Optical Vision Ltd using their email address http://www.opticalvision.co.uk/contact_ovl.html

Thank's I think your right then I will better get the Spanners out the problem must be there iv tried to update the mount but the Mount will not respond both axes wont respond.if this dos not work I think a new mount is in order.

Regards Malcolm.

Archived