NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Comet P46/Wirtanen 16/12/18

9 minutes ago, orion25 said:

Nice shot, Paul. It looks different from other images I've seen. I wonder if it's because of the comet's motion against the background of stars, or it could be a processing artifact.

Cheers,

Reggie

I know,probably my prosessing,i will try again later.

2 minutes ago, Swithin StCleeve said:

Could the elongation be due to the fact it'd have moved quite a bit in 14 mins?

I was watching it last night, and was amazed how far it'd moved in the hour and a bit I was observing.

Could be right,i stacked in dss using the comet mode,stacking comet and stars so as there would be no trailing on comet or stars.....but as i say will give it another bash later.

1 hour ago, paul mc c said:

Could be right,i stacked in dss using the comet mode,stacking comet and stars so as there would be no trailing on comet or stars.....but as i say will give it another bash later.

Did you manually select the comet in every light frame?

25 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

An ED80 is a 80mm refactor

1100d is a Canon DSLR. 

Thanks. I got some shots last night and I've been trying to get my head around which stars are which. If he's taken that with a refractor then I'll assume it's 'as seen'. I'm trying to label the 'double star' near to the Comet.

Archived