SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Takahashi FC-76Q Review

DirkSteele

Perhaps a bit of fun here, as it is not exactly an off-the-shelf scope (though Takahashi did sell 30 units in 2016 to coincide with the Mars opposition) but it is something that can be put together by using the 1.7x CQ module from the FS-60Q and the FC-76 DCU (split tube version).  I was quite surprised by this as I thought the CQ module was specifically designed for the FS-60, but had I actually read the manual that comes with the FC-76 objective unit, I would have discovered this was possible long ago.  But now during 2018, I have spent quite a bit of time and aggregated my thoughts into a review which is on the link.

http://alpha-lyrae.co.uk/2018/12/07/takahashi-fc-76q-review/

FC-76Q-Saundersfoot.jpg.11efb129b953d4337a48fc13fce9beab.jpg

Feedback always appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Great review Matthew ?

Keep up the good work. At the moment I'm reading your other reviews as well, hope you write more reviews in the near future.

I have the FS-60CB and have more then once thought about the FC-76DCU. 

12 hours ago, Stardust1 said:

Great review Matthew ?

Keep up the good work. At the moment I'm reading your other reviews as well, hope you write more reviews in the near future.

I have the FS-60CB and have more then once thought about the FC-76DCU. 

Thanks.  Other than the review of the Bresser MC-152 Mak which is in the Jan 2019 issue of Astronomy Now, nothing in the works currently.  Will have to think about what I can write about next.

3 hours ago, DirkSteele said:

Thanks.  Other than the review of the Bresser MC-152 Mak which is in the Jan 2019 issue of Astronomy Now, nothing in the works currently.  Will have to think about what I can write about next.

Matthew,

Do you think Astronomy Now would be interested in a review of night vision monoculars and night vision in general?

Gavin

Archived