Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M33 - Without Control Frames

Stub Mandrel

I've just proven that my 'control frames' are the source of my walking noise! My cooled DSLR is so low noise that I found it is free form the streaks that appear when I use flats, darks and bias.

Clearly I need to produce temperature controlled flats at the very least.

The difference is striking.

1794571000_m33nocontrolframes.thumb.png.e586f0ca648cb4e86fa11f6f8457bbd1.png

M33.png

Great image of this galaxy.

I like image 2 in your first post best. A little creativity with curves should make this even better, I think. Image 1 looks clipped on my mobile phone. That may be my screen, though.

45 minutes ago, wimvb said:

Great image of this galaxy.

I like image 2 in your first post best. A little creativity with curves should make this even better, I think. Image 1 looks clipped on my mobile phone. That may be my screen, though.

I agree the core of number 1 looks burnt out, but image 2 looks a bit lifeless, that's why I went for the blend in no. 3. I have a an hour or three (or more) of old data at different exposure lengths, I may add it in as well and revisit the whole shebang down the road.

50 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I agree the core of number 1 looks burnt out, but image 2 looks a bit lifeless, 

I think it's just a matter of processing. Nr 2 has good quality data, as far as I can see.

Archived