M42 1st go with QHY8L

This is a great start Stu. Hope you don't mind me saying but I can't help but be drawn to those two blue eyes looking at me! If you crop the image to lose the Running Man I think it is a whole lot better. It's 1000% better than my first image of Orion. 

Onward and upward!

Adrian

Hi Stu

I have a qhy8l - they are quite good cameras though I've not used mine in a while. It's connected to my 80mm frac at the mo, waiting for the right night!

What scope did you use? Were you using a filter - it looks like you might have reflections. Don't forget to do flats - they are really worth it. You can usually do them after imaging so long as you don't change the focus or the optical train.

Louise

4 hours ago, Thalestris24 said:

Hi Stu

I have a qhy8l - they are quite good cameras though I've not used mine in a while. It's connected to my 80mm frac at the mo, waiting for the right night!

What scope did you use? Were you using a filter - it looks like you might have reflections. Don't forget to do flats - they are really worth it. You can usually do them after imaging so long as you don't change the focus or the optical train.

Louise

SW200P I think I was starting to dew up as these shots were taken which is what I think could of caused the funny bits?

34 minutes ago, Stu Wilson said:

SW200P I think I was starting to dew up as these shots were taken which is what I think could of caused the funny bits?

That was my first thought when I saw this image. Especially when you compare it to your image of m45, which is rather nice and subtle by the way

Archived