Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M76 C11/EOS

darditti

This a companion-piece to my M27 taken earlier that night (http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/David-Arditti/M27-08-10-24DSSproc.jpg), with the same equipment and the same sub length. This is the Little Dumbell, to go with the big one.

It is a much smaller and fainter object: I had to push the image more in this case to get the "handles". Probably longer sub would be better for this one.

Still, not bad.

David

M76-08-10-25-CLPC11EOS.jpg

You've got some nice colour David and the arms are showing. I imaged this recently and you are right, it is tough. I was using active optics and that bright star over to the left of your image was the perfect guide star!

Sorry to say it again...but I've just been working on a FT image of this, and David's is very close, obviously the scale is bigger on the FT, but that's a 2 metre aperture with an Alta U42 CCD on top of a mountain with zero light pollution..

Awesome Mr Arditti...

Archived