NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astrophotography Processing Book

I've been into this hobby for four years now + have successfully moved on from DSLR to mono CMOS + though still learning, am OK'ish for now with image capture.  What I'm looking for is a good book on processing.  I already have  Steve's book Dark Art or Magic Bullet, Inside PixInsight by Warren Kellner (though haven't moved into PI yet and am considering APP instead) and Alan Hall's Long Exposure Astrophotography and am looking for something else for Xmas.  Any recommendations?

I have been drawn to Robert Gendler's Current Concepts in Astronomical Image Processing - any good? 

Thanks, Graham

I find Adam Block excellent - I have his 'Dimensions of Photoshop'. It's not a book but comes on a memory stick.  More recently he covers Pixinsight I think. He works with an American university,  is a very good astro imager  and clearly has a 'good brain'.

Annie

On 25/11/2018 at 17:22, oldannie said:

I find Adam Block excellent - I have his 'Dimensions of Photoshop'. It's not a book but comes on a memory stick.  More recently he covers Pixinsight I think. He works with an American university,  is a very good astro imager  and clearly has a 'good brain'.

Annie

...as his pictures confirm!

Olly

When I first started imaging, I ordered a DVD by Adam Block called Making Every Pixel count - Powerful Processing in Photoshop.  (Not to be confused with Steve's Making Every Photon Count). 

A lot of it went over my head to start with, but I gleaned a lot of basic stuff too, but remembered the more advanced stuff that was possible and went back to it later as I progressed.  It's been a sound investment and now I can do everything on the DVD.  

Since then I picked up various tips from forums, and people like Olly, and Nik Szymanek and have now put a few video tutorials of my own onto You Tube.  They are mainly aimed at beginners, but we all have to start somewhere.

See my website video tutorials page for links to them.  Hope they are of some help.

Carole 

Archived