NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Black Friday Temptation = Canon 77D Ordered!

Chris

Hmm well, the seed was planted after reading a review of HDEW Cameras and their black Friday deals this weekend, they look cheap at the best of times but some really incredible savings at the moment, especially if you compare them to the likes of Curries and John Lewis. I spotted the Canon 80D body for just £599! Then the 77D with kit lens for just £525! and then of course I got sorely tempted. 

After a bit of research I realised the 77D would actually really suit my needs. I do a lot with cameras - Astrophotography, photography, timelapse, video, and vlogging, and the 77D ticked so many boxes - image stabilisation, ease of use with touch screen, in body timelapse, flippy screen, and dual pixel AF. AF is the achilles heel of my current Panasonic G80, which is almost perfect for my needs apart from the bad contrast detection AF which ruins quite a bit of video footage.

I had a large glass of wine whilst I hung around the site plucking up the courage to order the 77D.  I had a little wobble at the check out , the 80D was calling to me....robust body with weather sealing, and head phone jack I thought! Then I reminded myself how important video stabilisation was to me, and the 80D simply doesn't have this as it seems to be a new feature with the Digit 7 generation cameras. 

Anyway, order now placed, it is done. Despite the saving it's still not a small purchase hence the large glass of wine :grin:

I'll give my thoughts after using it for a while. I plan on testing it against the Panasonic G80 which I've grown very fond of, and I'll keep the camera I prefer using for all the things I do. If that turns out to be both then so be it, after all many of us have more than one scope :)  

9 hours ago, David Smith said:

Very pleased with mine so I'm sure you'll enjoy. The articulating screen was the initial driver for the upgrade but then I found a whole lot of new functions that will be very handy. Still figuring it all out......bit of a change from my old 1100D!

That's good to hear David, it's a big step up from the 1100D feature Wise. The 1100D was my first Canon too and it was certainly great at the time.

8 hours ago, Alien 13 said:

Dont know much about the 77D but the image stabilization sounds like a very useful addition as I too tend to shoot a lot of video.

Alan

Stabilisation makes so much difference to video quality. It's not quite like having a gimble, but it's not far off.

Archived