Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Zwo asi120 on Coronado PST - question

lnlarxg

Hi, anyone here used the little ZWO asi120mc on a Coronadon PST?  

would like to know if anyone here has actually got this set up and tried.

I researched and found mixed reviews, some say its not possible, some say it is possible with 2xBarlow, some say they butchered their PST to make it work.

Thanks! 

Ive used this combo with a 2x barlow my camera is the mono version asi120mm.  Works nicely, don't see why it wouldn't work with the color version asi camera.  Produces nice closeups for a PST.  ASI sells an adapter for use with PST's, to zoom you out a bit.  I use it with my asi174, forget if it works with asi120 sorry (probably says on their site).

You may have a problem if you don't use a Barlow with the PST. The eyepiece tube length varies depending on the age of the PST. I found the easiest to get focus was to use a camera with a removeable nosepiece and a slim shape such as the Altair GPcam basic or other camera where the body is the same diameter as an eyepiece barrel.

Archived