Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bahtinov mask generator 3d print

Atreta

Hi all, 

Rain season here so no astrophotography and I'm bored. Recently i got a 3d printer and i went to http://astrojargon.net/MaskGenerator.aspx to try to have one custom printed for my 130pds. 

I entered all the values, 650mm focal length, 130mm clear aperture( i have yet to buy a caliper, maybe a digital one),  saved and imported to tinkercad, but when it opens there the size is much larger than what i entered. 

Has anyone managed to print one from that site and could point me the right way? I also have a students license of fusion 360 if it's any better to edit with it. 

Thanks

14 hours ago, Atreta said:

Hi all, 

Rain season here so no astrophotography and I'm bored. Recently i got a 3d printer and i went to http://astrojargon.net/MaskGenerator.aspx to try to have one custom printed for my 130pds. 

I entered all the values, 650mm focal length, 130mm clear aperture( i have yet to buy a caliper, maybe a digital one),  saved and imported to tinkercad, but when it opens there the size is much larger than what i entered. 

Has anyone managed to print one from that site and could point me the right way? I also have a students license of fusion 360 if it's any better to edit with it. 

Thanks

I haven't tried it with a 3d printer but with a normal paper printer the astrojargon.net generator always comes put too big for me as well. I think there is a bug in their system.

James

Archived