VdB 141

After spending more hours processing this than taking subs of it i cannot re-process this data any more, and so here is my best effort of VdB 141 under Bortle 6 skies. 

131 x 300 second subs with a QHY183C and William Optics FLT98 carbon fibre scope.

Comments, Critiques and processing suggestions are more than welcome.

vdb141 131 subs finished.png

Really good result with your sky conditions on a less well known subject which really does look like it's name :smile:. I'll have to try it with my flt-98. My Atik has twice the pixel size of your QHY though, so it will come out a bit small. Might be worth trying with a 2X Powermate just to see what can be achieved. I'm lucky to have Bortle 2 to 3 skies here but plenty of clouds and mist to go with it. 

Alan

Thanks for all your kind comments. 

After the first night I was skeptical about adding more data as I wasn't sure it would be worth it. Turns out it was. 

I admit it was fun processing this data and I've learned some new techniques, but I now fully understand what Olly meant when he said processing this target almost killed him. 

I'll shoot this target again in the distant future from a dark site with the same setup and amount of data to compare the results. I just need a new tracer battery and some cases to transport my equipment safely first. 

Archived