Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

HELP!!! No image in Starlight Live on iMac

jkfrazier60

I have an Ultrastar Color camera. I'm having difficulty with Starlight Live on my iMac.  I have the latest version installed.  When I load the software the camera is connected, but when I try to acquire an image, I never see anything.  The bar at the left bottom of the screen indicates the image is being acquired, but the software image screen remains black no matter how I change the exposure settings.  It works perfectly on my Windows 10 pc, but I need to use it on my iMac.  Any suggestions? 

Thanks so much, 

Joel

Okay, I found something.  On the iMac it isn't working on, if in the starlight live software, under settings, under "live view display settings", if I select "smooth", it appears to work.  I'll know for sure tonight when I am able to test on a star, but it appears to work.  It will not work on "fast". 

Does this make sense to anyone?  The "fast" settings works on all of my other computers, including Macbook Air, Macbook Pro, iMac 2013 and Windows 10 Pc.  

Archived