The Brain Nebula and friends...

tooth_dr

Brain Nebula? - new one to me too!

Lobster Claw Nebula, Bubble Nebula, M52, Brain Nebula - three panels taken last night, Ha 7nm, binned 2x2, Atik 383L+.  Just experimenting with binning and mosaics last night.  Manually moving and repositioning each panel is really a disaster, and I couldn't get the fourth panel as it was already 1am and I needed to go to sleep!

6 x 600s (Bubble panel)

5 x 600s (Brain panel)

32 x 600s (Claw panel)

Thanks looking!

Adam.

St-avg-25800.0s-LNMSC_1_3.0_none-x_1.0_LZ3-NS-full-qua-add-sc_BWMV_nor-AA-RL-MBB2-St-1.jpg

12 minutes ago, Jkulin said:

Adam, if you use SGP it has a Mosaic wizard that is brilliant.

Thanks John,  @Xiga  also mentioned this and the automatic flips.  I do really like APT, I'm worried about issues, as so far APT works flawlessly! 

2 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Thanks John,  @Xiga  also mentioned this and the automatic flips.  I do really like APT, I'm worried about issues, as so far APT works flawlessly! 

I totally understand the reluctance to move capture programs. Especially when you've invested the time getting your current workflow nailed down. If it ain't broke.... 

I used APT myself for a while. I loved it I have to say. It's probably the best value product in all of AP given how little it costs. But these days I simply couldn't be without SGP. While it's true that it makes mosaics easy, it also makes the framing of even single pane images a doddle. The F&M wizard really is brilliant for this, and of course the automatic meridian flips aren't bad either (although I understand that APT is adding this soon). 

1 hour ago, tomato said:

Very nice, was it stitched together in APP?

Thanks Tomato.  I did stitch this in APP, it worked without any issues at all.  The difference in the exposure time of the data is evident but this was useful practice.

8 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

I loved APT as well and the thinking behind it with Ivanyo, I mentioned to him probably a year ago now to see if he could incorporate profiles and Meridian flips into the software, I guess he has been too busy.

Its a lovely program and is very stable, but I was just missing the extra functionality, that's why I moved to SGP

Archived