Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Taking Images with my Fuji s5600?

James,

With fixed lens cameras you can only use the afocal method.

Afocal is when you hold the camera up to the eyepiece to take a picture.

With the large diameter lens on your camera you may have trouble with vignetting.

Try with the longest focal length eyepiece you have and see what sort of results you can get on objects such as the moon and Jupiter.

--

Martyn

I have the fuji s5500 and use it with my telescope.

You will need either,

a clamp which clamps onto the eyepiece and screws into the tripod hole on the bottom of your camera. These are easily available from all astro retailers. They are fiddly and hard to align though.

or,

An adapter which fits onto your eyepiece at the top . This is called a Digi T adapter (I am aware that greenwitch sell them but some others still do too)

This adapter then screws into a 46mm to 55mm step up ring from any camera shop and then into the 55mm thread on your camera.

This is mine

9855_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

notice the eyepiece must be the type with a removable rubber eyecup. Any 32mm or 40mm plossl will do (not Teleview though)

I couldn't take a pic of it on the camera as I needed the camera to take the pic!

That one will work. Be aware though that if you get the digi t second hand a step ring costs no more than a fiver.

DO NOT buy the 'correct' adapter from an astro retailer, I did and as you see it turned out to be a camera step ring -still with the Kood logo on- and paid 20 quid (and waited 2 months) :) . Saw it in jessops for 3.99!

Archived