Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Star Adventurer travel tripod

SAW

Hi,

I need a tripod small and a light enough to take on holiday but still sturdy enough to hold the SA and a SW Mak102. 

I was going to get a Manfrotto 055 but Thomas Cook said it would need to go in the hold and thats 2.5kg already in the suitcase ! Probably have to put the SA in there anyway and take the Mak as hand luggage. 

What about the 190 ?

Or I'm even thinking of Barlebech mini tripod ?

Any suggestions ?

• 1 month later...

I don’t know if you got the information you finally needed @SAW but you might want to look at this thread

@MattJenko has a cracking little set up with the Berlebach Mini. I’m considering it myself but what do you plan to use it for, imaging or observing? If observing I would imagine it wouldn’t be the most practical. Also, polar alignment may not be the easiest. 

Another option Im looking at is this:

https://www.3leggedthing.com/corey

Folds away at 34cm length and has 14kg payload capacity. If you did find an option I’d be keen to hear it. 

I actually bought that tripod to take on holiday, it did work but polar alignment was a nightmare probably ok using a Polemaster but I only took a polar scope as I didn't want to take a laptop.

Archived