NGC7822

Adreneline

Thanks for all the kind comments.

2 hours ago, Demonperformer said:

... keep meaning to get one ....

Go for it! You won't regret it - I love using mine. The Samyang gets used more than the SW-ED80 or the WO-ZS71. I also have the 85mm but as yet I've not used it for AP - although Orion is now starting to make an appearance and I fancy a go at that whole area including the Horsehead.

37 minutes ago, lux eterna said:

What F-stop did you use ?

I used the lens fully open on f2. I like the fact it collects so much light and I am very pleased with the focus even though it is all 'manual'.

If the opportunity presents itself I might try to grab so SII and add a bit more colour - or there again I might image something else! All part of the fun.

Thank you for looking.

Adrian

1 hour ago, Laurin Dave said:

Very nice Adrian. thinking of getting this lens.  What narrowband filters do you use, any issues with them at f2? 

thanks

Dave

I use the Baader 2” and I’m very pleased with the end results. 

59 minutes ago, Laurin Dave said:

Also what sub lengths/ number did you use

thanks

Dave

All the subs were 600s - 9@Ha and just 6@OIII - I definitely need more but at f2 you quickly get something usable. 

Adrian

Archived