Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astro Art 7

harry page

Hi

Astro art 7 has just been released http://www.msb-astroart.com/ 

I have been beta testing for a little while and there are some nice improvement such as a sequencer for image capture and the already excellent pre-processing has further improvements :)

have a look at the website for a full list of new bits

I always recommend Astroart particularly to newbies as it can capture and process a image all in one package and I still use it regularly

I also know there are some nice up coming bits as well

Even though I was a tester , I have no connection to astroart other than being a happy user ?

Of course anybody who has bought it recently or buys the current ver 6 from FLO will get a free upgrade

Cheers

Harry

• 1 month later...

Somehow only just picked up on this, and really glad I did. I see this as a pretty major upgrade. A few of the new inclusions are:

1. Native 64 bit (processing only).

2. Interface for capturing sequences is improved - the capacity to do sequences was always there, especially with scripting, but the menu driven approach is now more intuitive.

3. Ditto for preprocessing - though less so as it was already pretty good, but the selection tools for stacking method etc are much more intuitively located.

4. Automatic platesolving (have not played with this yet but potentially useful).

5. The included star atlas now has obervability info etc when you click on an object, which is useful for planning a session. Also shows the CCD frame for image planning and integrates now with Aladin. This might even replace CDC as my main planetarium software for driving the scope (need to play with it more to be sure).

6. Wavelet sharpening. More useful for planetary imagers but nice to have.

7. Improved gradient removal, including a very nice background subtraction tool for generating synethetic flats based on sampling points placed by the user. Early days yet, but having played with it for a while, it seems as good as anything similar on the market.

Overall I'm well impressed!

Billy.

Only just seen this but I've been using AstroArt since I started, mostly for stacking and calibrating. It might be worth noting how fast it is in this regard, something potentially of interest to CMOS users collecting huge numbers of shorter subs.

I'm a great fan of the 'remove line' filter whcih can rescue satellite or plane-damaged subs.

Olly

I would like to update but unfortunately mislaid the manual which has the full SNo, so am stuck at AA5 unless I want to buy a new license. It's about the only software I have where the full SNo doesn't come up on the splash screen.

26 minutes ago, DaveS said:

I would like to update but unfortunately mislaid the manual which has the full SNo, so am stuck at AA5 unless I want to buy a new license. It's about the only software I have where the full SNo doesn't come up on the splash screen. 

That's annoying. Did you buy it online or a DVD version? It might be worth emailing Fabio (info@msbsoftware.it) and explaining. It might not of course, but maybe worth a try; he's always seemed quite engaged and reasonable to me.

Billy.

I bought the DVD version form FLO. I did try emailing Fabio as I couldn't understand the stars in the serial number, the reply was that that was to protect my security :confused:. I have software costing a heck of a lot more than AA5 (Avid Media Composer, Sorrensen Squeeze, Boris FX, DaVinci Resolve) that show the full serial number.

That is a somewhat bizarre reply I'll admit.

One option might be to try looking in your registry or to use recovery sofware - have a look at https://www.lifewire.com/lost-serial-number-839901

With a bit of luck you might get the serial back.

Failing that, what about trying to get a receipt from FLO and going back to him? If you can show you've bought the software it's not reasonable to lock you out of it just because you lost a manual. Especially if you only want the code to get a paid upgrade. Seems like the proveribal win-win to me.

Hi

Fabio would normally help !  But if you look in the registry ( type regedit in bottom serach box )   and start at Hkey-current user then select software -then msb -then astroart and lastly misc you will find all your keys in there

Harry

Archived