NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Full Moon 8.26.18 Unedited

SIDO

A sequence of unedited individual frames using my 8" Newtonian on Dobson mount, LGL62V Android and Celestron 8-24 Zoom eye piece. A tuned polarizer and infra red blocking filter was used on all the shots as well the fourth shot an additional IR blocking filter was used, the only editing done was to crop them for upload. I always like the extra details digital filters can bring so I thought to share these. Not likely I will get cloudless seeing this good for a full moon for a long time, been getting about two to three sessions with the full moon a year so I am in the moment so to speak here. Hope you enjoy them ?

IMG_20180826_011534-01.jpeg

IMG_20180826_011433_DRO-01.jpeg

IMG_20180826_011255_EXP0-01.jpeg

IMG_20180826_011209_HDR-01.jpeg

IMG_20180826_010916_1-01-01.jpeg

These are done with one of the updated versions of Open Camera...some solid digital filters in there, not sure wich update because I only update once in a blue moon ? I do these using the burst mode feature with a Meade SPA, that's the mode I use for all my hand held ooo oh oh I gotta get that shots too. I really like the #4 image something new I haven't tried yet, seeing details there I haven't yet captured before...like that alot...

17 hours ago, Stu said:

Great shot SIDO, nice and sharp with good exposure. Which camera did you use?

I can see the tiniest bit of terminator just along the limb in the left and at the bottom.

I went on with a response to your question in the following post and forgot to thank you for the positive feedback...By the way Stu, Thanks ? 

25 minutes ago, Pete Presland said:

Very nice set of images, particularly the "blue" image, is it inverted?

Yes, a digital filter in the camera app. Makes it easy...

Thanks Pete ?

Archived