Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

HEQ5 Pro Altitude Upgrade

Hello

Whilst i was researching the whole 'soft bolts' problem (or not) on the HEQ5 Pro, i stumbled across a site (and I'm sure a video) for someone who bought a kit (not the upgraded bolts) that replaces the internals of where the bolts meet to adjust the altitude by hitting a plate at a better angle, the result was a far easier and smoother alt adustment at 50degrees and above.

Problem is, I cannot find in my history or using google, the details again.

Anyone got any idea what i saw and any links to it.. (again its not the upgraded bolts I'm referring to)

Thanks

Hi

It's actually Gunnar, who is a member here but not been active for a while, I don't think. He came up with a diy mod for an neq6 which could be adapted for an heq5. It's probably not necessary though unless you're above about 57 deg North. I'm at almost 56 deg and have managed without but did upgrade the bolts and added a belt mod :)

Louise

Archived