Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M8, M20, M21 and Saturn

Buzzard75

Went out to view the Perseids last night. Didn't have much luck with meteors except for one bright green fireball that left a streak and was visible for a couple of seconds after the flash. While I was out there I also attempted to image M8, M20, M21 and Saturn. I wasn't able to gather much data as it started out cloudy, cleared for about an hour and a half, but then the humidity went way up and it got extremely hazy and my lens fogged up. I took what I could get though. I ended up with about 21x120s exposures at ISO 1600 in addition to darks, flats, and bias frames. I was using my Canon 750D, Canon 75-300mm EF lens at 300mm, an Astronomik CLS clip-in filter, all mounted on my iOptron Sky Guider Pro. It may be a bit noisy due to the ISO, but it's not too terrible. I tried longer exposures (150-180s) at lower ISO (800), but I wasn't happy with the stars so I went for a slightly shorter exposure and a higher ISO. Overall I'm fairly happy with the results. Enjoy!

M8, M20, M21 2736x1826.jpg

Archived