NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

mesu 200 -sgp and phd2

harry page

Hi People

I have up to now avoided a meridian flip mid imaging and I am have a problem with auto guiding after the flip

the mount moves ok and centres fine under sgp , but the phd seems to guide all over the place like in the wrong direction

so where do we set up for after flip , there are options in the sitech or do you just leave phd to do its stuff

I did look at the calibration data for phd and did notice it thought it was on the east side of the mount when it was on the west , no amount of calibration will

convince it otherwise

any ideas

Harry

Although I don't use PHD or SG Pro, there are a couple of fundamentals that would apply to your system. Firstly, SiTech should be set up in a similar manner to that below to arrange for the flip to occur:-

Sitech.png.3e34ac56e3a706455b301514fedbeff6.png

Secondly, you should arrange for SG Pro to reverse the 'X' direction only post flip.

I hope that helps.

Harry,

I am using the automatic mount flip with SGP and PHD. This is how I have it set up (apologies for the bad image quality).

You cannot reverse the guiding direction in both the Mesu setup and PHD after a mount flip, because 2x reverse is nothing at all...

Regards,

Pieter

IMG_20180807_190738_resized_20180807_070900998.jpg

IMG_20180807_190756_resized_20180807_070901564.jpg

And finally - The PHD guiding menu in the Brain.......

As I said, it all works perfectly for me, so I hope that these screen grabs help and you can get up and running soon.... Let me know how it goes :)

PHD.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎07‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 19:55, swag72 said:

And finally - The PHD guiding menu in the Brain.......

As I said, it all works perfectly for me, so I hope that these screen grabs help and you can get up and running soon.... Let me know how it goes :)

PHD.jpg

Hi Sara

got it too work last night , I had the reverse guide set it the sitech as well  :)   I think this was in there from when I first set up and I followed the quick set up guide

but of course then SGP crashed in the middle of the night -- hey ho as they say

Thanks for your help

Harry

Archived