NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First picture with NB

Datalord

Let it be known first up that this picture has come with an amazing amount of sweat and tears, of which you can see most here: 

Anyways, over summer days in July, in whatever wee dark hours we had, and taking the above problems into account, I managed to get some shots taken with the new camera. I ended up doing Ha and OIII because... reasons.

Ha: 19*300s + 14*1200s 

OIII: 19*300s + 9*1200s

Total: 10h40m collected over an abnormous amount of nights.

Telescope: WO71

Camera: G3-16200

With the help of http://www.lightvortexastronomy.com/tutorials.html I managed to produce a decent first result in the world of narrowband.

1417312527_WesternVeil-Annotated.thumb.png.a8f06a88f5690fb3271604c4a7b4e6a6.png

2 hours ago, JimothyC said:

Nice shot, how did you get your mount issues resolved. Did you get a replacement?

Thank you!

I wrote them Friday evening about the breakdown, so I guess I will find out during the week. I don't think I will get a replacement, so I'll have to wait a long time to get anything shot again. ?

• 4 weeks later...

Followup. The mount has a change of the motor board and is on its way back to me. 

In the meantime I decided to have this picture printed through Whitewall in ultraHD under acrylic glass. Pretty neat, if I must say so myself. 

IMG_20180829_040601_956.thumb.jpg.cbaa5a1861e4eed1010bb21af495635d.jpg

Superb capture.

I did the same target last month  with 1 hour total integration time, there is certainly a difference but I sometimes wonder is it worth the extra days? 

............  Yes, I guess when you  get the bug ?

13 minutes ago, wornish said:

Superb capture.

I did the same target last month  with 1 hour total integration time, there is certainly a difference but I sometimes wonder is it worth the extra days? 

............  Yes, I guess when you  get the bug ?

it is totally worth it. In one of my other posts I started with 4 hours, then comparing to the final 17h shot. It's not even close. I don't think I'll even consider starting processing with less than 10 hours in the future. 

Archived