Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Blood Moon pictures

JayPea

Hi All,

I'm overdue with posting these but I was lucky enough to see the blood moon on the last night of our holiday. We were on a site by the beach in South Brittany and although we had rain and clouds that afternoon they parted just enough to see it.

I only had a 17-50mm lens on my Nikon D7100 but I did have a bendy legged small tripod I could stick it in the sand with to keep it steady.

There were quite a few people milling around the beach waiting for it and we got talking to a Dutch couple also there to photo it.

It felt like ages for it to appear but it was interesting to see the planets appearing first. Base on the Stallerium phone app I think we could see Venus, Jupiter and Saturn in addition to the Moon and Mars although they were obviously spread all across the sky.

Once a cloud came over we walked back to the site and by then the moon had reappeared between the tree branches and you could see the eclipse slowly moving away.

Below photos are:
#1 When it first appeared - f2.8 1.6s
#2 When Mars appeared - f2.8 2.0s
#3 Just before a small but long thin black cloud came in front of it, quite cropped- f2.8 2.0s
#4 100% crop of eclipse moving off - f2.5 2.0s
#5 Poor camera phone panoramic trying to go from Moon, Mars, Saturn (too faint on this particular image - I sure it was just above the cloud but maybe behind by the time I took it!), Jupiter and Venus. 

Well worth the waiting for.

John

Blood Moon 2018 (1 of 3).jpg

Blood Moon 2018 (2 of 3).jpg

Blood Moon 2018 (3 of 3).jpg

Blood Moon 2018 (crop).jpg

Blood Moon Pano 2018.jpg

Archived