NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The New Skywatcher ED150 Refractor: Whats on your mind ?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess that as long as the cell is machined accurately enough to be square with the tube then you should not need the push pull mechanism, only a way of centring each element?

5 hours ago, Stu said:

I guess that as long as the cell is machined accurately enough to be square with the tube then you should not need the push pull mechanism, only a way of centring each element?

Never fails to surprise me how keen you lot are to take things to bits :D

If these scopes sell well I think i'll invest in a large optical flat and a dust free room, ready for when you all over tweak  :D :p

Assuming they are with a collimatable cell, will an Es Reid test be available @FLO ?  I' m always wary and reluctant to take my 150 Esprit to star parties etc, just in case I drop it or prang the van etc a d mess up the lenses, but one of these....lighter, cheaper, probably easier to collimate.....very tempting!

2 hours ago, Tim said:

Assuming they are with a collimatable cell, will an Es Reid test be available @FLO ? 

We will happily arrange for an Es Reid pre-dispatch test if requested but Sky-Watcher’s ED doublets rarely need attention so it would probably be an unnecessary expense. Time will tell. 

HTH, 

Steve

Archived