Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

It could make a grown man cry

Naz

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: This morning I went into the outbuilding where I keep my scopes, and before I switched the light on there was a red led glowing in the corner of the room where my EQ5 clone sits. :) Surely I hadn't left the power on? :? No the scope wasn't pointing anywhere strange, still in the parked position. The power switch was off :scratch:

Oh well, my plans for today have just gone out the window, strip the controller down and see what is the problem instead. Easy decision, I am not too keen on gardening :whip2: , As Mrs Naz was out for the day, I couldn't consult her over my choices :D Scope comes first :nono:

Anyway to cut a long story short, there was evidence of damp on the PCB and a path had been created to bring only the power LED on. So out with a small tooth brush and a watchmakers screw driver, scrapped the offending corrosion of and gently brushed the PCB clean, reassembled the controller and powered it up----------------------------------------------------it worked :hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

So from now on, the controller is going to be kept in a bag with silicia gel and near the boiler.

So be sure that you all check your controllers, especially those with GoTo and other electronics that your storage place / observatory is dry. Mine is in an stone out building, but the stone allows moisture to permiate and there is no heat.

Archie

Archived