SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SH2-155 Colourful Cave Nebula

Avdhoeven

Lately I have been working a lot with Astropixelprocessor. With this software I have been starting to redo some of my data to see if I could catch more details. I'm astonished about the performance of this program to be honest. The stacked results showed smaller stars, more details and less noise.

This image shows SH2-155 aka the Cave nebula which consists of 215 images! With APP I was able to integrate my Luminance, H-alpha and UHC data to get really the most out of the data. 

I'm very happy with the result that came out. The colours of the stars were as I liked them to be and somehow it resulted (in my opinion) in a very colourful representation of this beautiful region in the sky. 

Exposure info:

Telescope: TMB92
Camera: QSI583ws

Lum: 96x300s + 15x600s
Ha: 42x1200s
UHC: 35x600s
R,G,B: 9,9,9x600s

Total: 34,8 hours

Sh2-155_Cavenebula_v2018-v2_1600x1300.thumb.jpg.a351a314a194326bd660d030929283de.jpg

Just now, tooth_dr said:

That’s stunning!

When you say APP integrated your Luminance, H-alpha and UHC data, do you mean you processed it together?

First I tried processing them all at once, but my computer couldn't handle that. Than I processed the 3 stacks and then had APP integrate these 3 stacks together. That really worked perfectly and gave much more detail. Especially in this region where the H-a and Lum are really showing different parts...

Just now, Avdhoeven said:

First I tried processing them all at once, but my computer couldn't handle that. Than I processed the 3 stacks and then had APP integrate these 3 stacks together. That really worked perfectly and gave much more detail. Especially in this region where the H-a and Lum are really showing different parts...

Thanks for explaining this 

Just  to give an idea here you can see the Lum and H-alpha images together. You can clearly see how different the details are shown in both images... That was one of the challenges to get all details in one image...

sh2-155-comp_ha-lum.thumb.jpg.6ccb4ce6c6105e7d76666636f3a122cc.jpg

Archived