Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Omegon 2.1X42 with nebular filter?

pluton

Hello,
A few weeks ago I bought some very original binoculars, Omegon 2.1X42, I imagine that they will be clones to the Vixen ..., until yesterday night I could not release them, the night was quite good, although where I live in summer there is enough heat, and there is not much transparency, but I have to comment that the images were pretty good, very curious, I had to bring my eyes close enough to the eyepieces to be able to cover more visual field, and I thought maybe some nebular or UHC filters could be good to observe nebulas, my Omegon have threads for 2 "filters .....
Anyone who has these binoculars has tried a nebular filter?
Thank you
Paul

I’ve used filters with some Kasai binos of similar spec. Good fun for trawling the Milky Way, I managed the North America Nevula but I think you need more power for the Veil, I never managed it anyway, perhaps just darker skies needed.

I’m going to take my 7x35s with OIII and UHC filters (one of each) away camping to see how they go.

Archived