SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Eastern Veil Nebula in Ha

tomato

So, last night I saw sense and imaged a target more suited to this time of year, the Eastern Veil Nebula in Ha. This is just 5 x 10 mins with the Esprit 150, Mesu 200 and Moravian G2-8300, with a Baader 7nm filter.

Another first for me, this is a 2 pane mosaic put together with APP. Sara's excellent tutorial is spot on, it really is as straightforward as she says.

Two clear Saturday nights on the trot, who needs to move to New Mexico??

Thanks for looking

St-med-6000.jpg

St-med-6000.jpg

Thanks Rodd, I find monochrome processing a  bit more straightforward than LRGB. I’m very impressed with the 150’s ability to hoover up the photons and deliver a reasonable result with minimal integration times.

1 hour ago, tomato said:

Thanks Rodd, I find monochrome processing a  bit more straightforward than LRGB. I’m very impressed with the 150’s ability to hoover up the photons and deliver a reasonable result with minimal integration times.

Its a fine scope for sure.  I was seriously considering one.  

Rodd

I have ‘enhanced’ the image using Windows photo editor of all things. I think there is more detail in the Nebula, but alas, you can now see the join in my mosaic.

And here was me thinking monochrome processing would be easier.....

5CB5FA3A-2D58-4211-AE42-97CCFD418D70.jpeg

Archived