Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sadre and the Butterfly Nebula (IC 1318) in Ha. Star 71 and 100D

StargeezerTim

17 X 10 min, iso 1600, Ha filter, stacked in DSS and processed in PS.

This bit of sky is so dramatic and benefits from being displayed in grayscale. Nevertheless, I shall try and get some colour tonight and probably ruin it! ?

Does any know if the dark nebula underneath Sadre has a name? I can see the cluster above is NGC 6910 but stellarium doesn't name the nebula.

126100478_SadreHafordisplay.thumb.png.ab40c9b65aa1eb193916ab84221b1978.png

Awesome.  I have been shying away from this framing thinking that Sadr would overpower the image--but you have processed the star perfectly--not an issue at all.  I think this area looks better in broadband as apposed to narrowband colors  (except for Ha mono of course).  So red as opposed to yellow Ha regions.  That's just personal preference though.

Rodd

23 hours ago, Rodd said:

Awesome.  I have been shying away from this framing thinking that Sadr would overpower the image--but you have processed the star perfectly--not an issue at all.

Thanks, but I have to confess that I didn't need to do anything. Just some general stretches etc. Ha is great with troublesome stars. No doubt I will have more problems when I get some rgb to add to it!

Lovely image.

On 15/07/2018 at 11:22, StargeezerTim said:

This bit of sky is so dramatic and benefits from being displayed in grayscale. Nevertheless, I shall try and get some colour tonight and probably ruin it! ?

"When all else fails, you can always try color,"  a famous photographer once said, supposedly.

Archived