NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First light Equinox 66 ,nothing special

CELESCOPE

Nothing special as it says ,i was mainly looking for the FOV of this scope , and its passed, i,m happy with this , its taken in a fair old chunk of the NGC7000, started tonight getting the celestron and 66 all set up ,balanced etc, red dot to scopes, and then had to sort the distance between the chip and 08 reducer, this took a while, but finally put my hands on the very thing ehehheheh .

tried focus that looked good no vignetting and looks to me anyway a nice flat field, although this image is unguided and binned 2x2 , i have yet to get the final focus with the 8 inch for guiding, but just about there ,so hopefully if clear tomorrow i can give it the business , but for now ,an image of NGC7000 25X2 MIN SUBS , moon glaring away ,used the 13 Ha filter,this takes mme back to my non guiding days lol.

Rog

9448_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Rog,

This is a nice image. As you know, I had a crack at this last weekend with 10 x 600s subs, but seeing what you have acheived with shorter subs makes me wonder whther I would do better to collect more shorter subs. I always assume that Ha needs long exposures and head up to 600s. Better framed than my effort too ;-)

Dave

Nice one Rog,

Glad to see your getting the new setup up and running...looking very good for firstlight :undecided:

I was picked up in the past as it should be the "North America" nebula not the "North American" Nebula as the "yanks "don't actually own it yet :)

It was either PL or NH who corrected me in another place... :)

Billy...

Indeed we shall Rog...Indeed we shall....

Ah well a mixed night for me anyway...frustrations , some technical success and a very depressing framing error ruining 1 hour+ of subs as I decapitated the "GG" having put alnitak in the wrong place in the frame.... just glad that luna was there to washout the data anyway :undecided:

Finishing of with an "easy" M42 for HDR treatment...

Billy...

Thanks all , yes Steve , i,m looking foward to using both the 66 and the 8 now , have to write all this down so many different set ups now for all the scopes , spacing etc reducers lol , just bought a new blank book for notes lol

Rog

I know how you feel Rog, I've got a text document on the desktop of my lappy with all the focusa points for the various combinations of scopes, cameras, filter wheel etc etc, just makes a life a little easier :). Enjoy the 66 mate, I love mine!

Nice image BTW!!

Tony..

Archived