Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mount pros' con's

ok, so im very happy with my new SW star adventurer, but as i am only using it in my garden i'm thinking of getting something bigger and saving the SWSA for nights out to the local moors or dark cliff side locations. Now, the HEQ5 and the celestron AVX are the same ish price. what i'd like to know are the pros and cons of each. the AVX must have something going for it although the heq6 seems incredibly popular. 

The difference really boils down to whether you like black or white better. Maybe it's more popular in the UK, I couldn't find one of the top 4 or 5 sellers in the US who show the HEQ5 in their ads. It's a very close rebrand of the Orion Sirius EQ-G (both are made by Synta). As an owner of an AVX mount as well as a Skywatcher mount (EQ6-R Pro), I'm beginning to like the Synscan better than Nexstar for navigating the menu. But between the AVX and HEQ5, even though they are rated the same capacity, I think the AVX is a slightly more robust mount.

Archived