Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mars’ retrograde motion 2018

NGC 1502

Hi all. I’m looking for a simple chart showing Mars’ retrograde motion against the starry background for 2018. I have searched, but cannot find what I’m looking for. It’s to use for a talk at my local club.

Thanks in advance, Ed.

Ed, is something like this any use? It is generated from SkySafari. I know the dates are not the clearest but it does show the path. I can change scale and/or what is showing in terms of background as you would like it, just let me know.

52EB752F-8E5C-4044-9DC3-6256D1187465.png

7 minutes ago, Knighty2112 said:

Image below of Mar’s orbit taken from a screenshot from my iPad Pro, which shows a larger area than Stu’s image which I think came off of a screenshot from his IPhone I believe. 

5BD9D3E0-141A-4D50-9942-2256AF62C83F.thumb.png.c14f7a2d046680a673cf58449b3c4afd.png

That’s better :)

The additional resolution shows the dates much more clearly.

In case you might be wondering  what the green horizontal line is going off the meridian line is Ed it is a line 7 degrees above my horizon which equates to the rooftops of the houses around me, so I know when any object should start to be in view. Hope the talk goes well! :) 

Many thanks to all, it will be used for a talk next Wednesday 11th at Castle Point Astronomy Club.

Except if England win on Saturday then I may well be talking to myself......️..........?

Cheers from Ed.

Archived