NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Dobsonian mount

I have been like so many people going round in circles trying to decide !! At the moment favourite is Skyliner 200p ,but FLO are very busy putting up new site . How heavy is this I just have to carry it from garage to garden not far and would do it obviously in 2 stages, I am 5'8" quite a strong old bird. I've looked it up and its 8.2kg and 9.2kg Thanks. :undecided:

I haven't tried the Skyliner version, but I have got experience of the Meade Lightbridge 200m vesion. Its quite easy to carry in two bits. The weight itself isn't a problem, but with long tubes finding appropriate handholds and holding high enough off the ground is the challenge for me - but I'm only just over 5 foot tall!! I'd say you wouldn't have a problem as you're taller.

Helen

I've got a Skyliner 200P. I'm a big bloke but with a history of lower back problems and find it reasonably easy to lift the whole scope out of my french windows and onto the patio and then around the garden to dodge trees and streetlights. It weighs around 40 llbs all up. I would not want to try and walk down any stairs with the whole thing though.

If you need to, breaking the scope into 2 parts is dead easy - it takes about 30 seconds.

The 2 tension control handles you see in the pictures are quite strong enough to carry the scope on if you do lift it in one piece. If you keep it in an unheated garage the cool down time for the optics will be really quite short as well.

It's a great scope (supplied by FLO :undecided: ) and I've been very pleased with it.

John

:cheers: So happy with the Dob. which have put together today . Jupiters moons are clear , It is too heavy to lift in one piece but as you said easy to separate and lift as two.Its very easy to give a little push to follow things.

Archived