Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M13, M27

thing

Looking good Dave, lots of colour in both pics with good focus. Looks like your probably at your tracking limit with some very slight elongation on the edge of M13 itself, but an excellent effort, and the start to a budding life in astrophotography. Next, more subs, and who knows, perhaps guiding.

Keep up the good work.

Steve..

Thanks, believe me, if I can do it anybody can. I'm the world's biggest klutz when it comes to computers and programs.

Steve, yes that's the HEQ5, still I'm pretty pleased with 2 mins unguided, and oddly enough sometimes it gives me 4 minutes for no apparent reason, it can be on the same imaging session where I'm getting slight trails at 2 minutes.

You must be delighted with these images, your getting the knack so keep it rolling.

M13 image has all the data, hope you don't mind but I lowered the white level values and removed the guiding eggs with FocusMagic which is free and easy to use with Photoshop Elements.

Hope you have a good winter of images. :salute:

Lovely tight M13 Dave. M27 is a great result as well although the colour is a little heavy for my taste.

Yes, not enough subs! I couldn't bring the colour of the background stars out without overdoing the neb. I might give it another go but take about half an hours worth of subs next time.

Archived