NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

DAYSTAR solaREDi filter.... ??

Guest chaz2b

Guest chaz2b

I have now, taken possession of this Daystar SolaREDi Odyssey filter, it is not the scope which is currently advertised.

However, as much ss I have searched, I cannot find any information on this, has anyone ever seen and/or used one? I need to find out what it is capable of, and what with the lack of sunshine, I cannot check it out. It lights up when switched on, and... Eventually it goes green, so I'm hoping all's well.

any info will be appreciated.

Chaz

DSC_0227-640x480.jpg

Odyssey was the name of the complete scope in various sizes... think you've got half a scope there. I suspect it should still be used with a red or yellow ERF on the front of your scope. Can't find any mention of their availability standalone style ala quark. The Odyssey general manual is online - https://www.manualslib.com/manual/811531/Daystar-Digital-Solaredi-Odyssey.html?page=4#manual - bottom of this page implies the filter stack should be fine on it's own however... *shrug*

http://www.daystarfilters.com/SolaREDi/Manuals/SolaREDi60ManualWeb.pdf implies the scope itself had a clear front objective, but that powermate / Barlow is required to get to F23 for 'proper operation', so presume whatever you intend to attach it to you'll need to crunch the math to work out what specific powermate you'd need to pair it up with for your scope.

Research fully before pointing it at yonder burny-ball!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chaz2b

I'm a bit late replying but many thanks for your info Marci. Been too busy sorting out a duff gearbox and family stuff..my kids live away too far but still close which takes up my time,I've also got a lot of astro gear to go through as I've inherited quite a lot.

Chaz

Archived