Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Delrin ring alternative

Hi

There is a Delrin spacer ring set available from FLO but it is for 42mm T2 size. My imaging setup uses 48mm spaces/adapters and no Delrin spacer ring set appears to be available for the 48mm size.

So what I would like to know is has anyone found and alternative. I am more interested in stopping components locking together and being able to position them correctly rather than adjust the spacing.

Any suggestions?

Graham

Phillip R

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I`m sure a lot of people use Delrin rings but not an alternative.

You mentioning Plumbers merchant got me thinking about PTFE tape (Plumbers) It does the job if used in small strips. It stops the parts locking and depending on how many turns are applied to the thread the parts can be positioned. But its a bit of a one shot. If you go to far you really need to take it off and apply more tape. It is a bit of a fafff to remove, but it does clean off.

Any other ideas?

Graham

On 20/06/2018 at 15:00, Jkulin said:

Thanks, but I was really after rings or and alternative to fit 48mm. Maybe if I cut a 42mm size and tried it with a small gap it would be ok.

Graham

On 18/06/2018 at 09:22, Fellside said:

My imaging setup uses 48mm spaces/adapters and no Delrin spacer ring set appears to be available for the 48mm size

The link I provided is to 48mm Delrins, I don't use 42mm anyway

Archived