Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Atik x0.5 Focal Reducer

centroid

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Atik reducer can be used , with the ATIK 16HR. I FOR ONE KNOW THAT, AS I HAVE USED IT FOR A LONG TIME , however i did spend time reducing the inch and a quarter nose piece down , by level rubbing it on very fine emery cloth, to get it just right and eliminate the very slight vignetting i had, my only reason for going to the Celestron 6.3 reducer was , i did ,nt like the small 1.and a quarter fixing , just felt the 2 inch felt safer and more stable .

Tony i never measured it , just kept trying it out till i got it right ,

Rog

lol

When used with the Toucam Pro II this simple and cost effective device works as a .5x reducer. When used with a short C mount adaptor and a Mintron or Watec it provides .6x to .66x reduction and .4x to .5x with the longer C mount adapter. For the Atik, DSI, DSI Pro and SAC cameras the exact reduction ratio varies with the spacing from the CCD chip and if sufficient focus travel is available. This depends on the telescope and can be altered by using different adapters. The reduction ratio is variable from about .4x to .7x Larger and "slower" instruments (F7+) such as SCT's and MCT's really benefit from using this focal reducer and achieving focus is not usually a problem. Brightens images and increases field of view with almost all scopes. Increased field of view makes GOTO's more reliable and reduces the visibility of tracking errors. Can be used visually in many eyepieces and accepts 1.25" eyepiece filters

I've been looking for a new diagonal and found this, which I thought might be of interest Dave http://www.green-witch.com/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2egreen%2dwitch%2ecom%2facatalog%2fTeleVue_Accessories%2ehtml&WD=everbrite&PN=SCT_Accessories%2ehtml%23a147#a147 it suggests that with a shorter nosepiece a f6.3 reducer can act at 5.5.

Helen

Archived