Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Afternoon moon

OK it's just the moon but this is my first shot using a camera attached to a telescope.  Love the soft look of a daylight moon and overall I am pretty happy with it.  Long way to go with it all but at least it's a start.  The moon is actually a really nice target to start with - easy to find and focus on and a great benchmark shot.  Lots of detail to pull out if focus is nailed etc.

Setup is an SW Explorer 150P and an unmodded Canon 500D on an SW AZ EQ6GT - totally unpowered for this one, just manhandled in to position.  This is a single shot ISO 100, shutter speed 1/1250 in RAW and processed in DXO Photolab.

IMG_3063_DxO.jpg

A very good start it is too Danny. I love the moon against a deep blue sky, and you’ve captured it well. Been looking at it in daylight myself these last few days

10 minutes ago, Paz said:

Nice picture, I'm a big fan of checking out the moon in daylight, it always has a look to me like a scene out of star wars.

Doesn't it just.  And I love how all the detail is still there just with a bit of a different look to it.  More defuse but I can spend hours looking in to all the little details.

Just now, Stu said:

A very start it is too Danny. I love the moon against a deep blue sky, and you’ve captured it well.

Thank you! I think for now I am going to skip a proper astro cam and stick with the 500D.  Sure it has it's limitations but its far more capable that I am at this stage.

Would rather plough the money in to a nice imaging OTA for now I think but I'm certainly coming down with imaging fever!

2 minutes ago, dannybgoode said:

Thank you! I think for now I am going to skip a proper astro cam and stick with the 500D.  Sure it has it's limitations but its far more capable that I am at this stage.

Would rather plough the money in to a nice imaging OTA for now I think but I'm certainly coming down with imaging fever!

Certainly don’t need one for the moon, that’s one advantage ;) 

Never really been taken with imaging myself, just enjoy looking at others’ work, and jabbing a smartphone at the eyepiece every now and then ;) 

9 minutes ago, Stu said:

Certainly don’t need one for the moon, that’s one advantage ;) 

Never really been taken with imaging myself, just enjoy looking at others’ work, and jabbing a smartphone at the eyepiece every now and then ;) 

I love anything to do with photography so it’s a natural step for me - see what I can create. 

Archived