Stargazers

I will ask the obvious question.  Do you have the colour version of the camera?  It is also available in a mono version. Also, if you wish to post images to the threads then please note it is best to use a jpeg or png file.

Don't take this as gospel but I thought that the DFK was a mono camera with a UV/IR Filter before the sensor and the DBK is color, B standing for Bayer matrix....

I think you'll find that the reason is that the camera is mono, hence the lack of color.

12 hours ago, MarsG76 said:

Don't take this as gospel but I thought that the DFK was a mono camera with a UV/IR Filter before the sensor and the DBK is color, B standing for Bayer matrix....

I think you'll find that the reason is that the camera is mono, hence the lack of color.

Both are colour cameras, the DMK range are mono. The DFK has an IR filter, the DBK does not. The lack of colour is a result of not debayering the AVI file.

14 hours ago, Cornelius Varley said:

Both are colour cameras, the DMK range are mono. The DFK has an IR filter, the DBK does not. The lack of colour is a result of not debayering the AVI file.

I stand corrected...

14 hours ago, PinoyStargazer said:

Stargazers,

Thanks for the Valuable Info, I'll look into my processing workflow

What capture software are you using? 

If FireCapture than there is a Debayer feature on it.. for my Sktris 618C... which is basically a rebranded DBK21au618... the debayer RGGB setting gives me a full color image for that CCD.

I experimented with both FireCapture and IC Capture. I left the Debayering box unchecked as suggested by many . I used theDebayering  feature in Firecapture  post and played wit PIPP (Planetary Imaging Pre Processor) which I found has very very nice- features - you can preview , Registax for stacking and Adobe PhotoShop to try bring out levels and curves, no dice! 

On 5/17/2018 at 15:42, Philip R said:

Hi @PinoyStargazer and welcome to SGL. :hello2:

Following on from @Owmuchonomy post... what 'scope etc are you using?

Hello!

For the attached PIC on initial thread, I used a 152 mm F 5.9 achromat,  Barlow  2x.  and  DFK 21 AU 01 AS . Firecapture - Debayered raw ,  registax and Adobe PS for curves.

Archived