NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Any body else feel work is a massive inconvenience

Wirral man

9 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

The funniest thing I saw was chippies sharpening Stanley knife blades, using an oilstone, in their dinner break :grin:

Dave

Crikey.  I'm guessing that was before the days of them being disposable!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, RayD said:

Crikey.  I'm guessing that was before the days of them being disposable!

No they did it to "save" money, didn't make much financial sense considering the time it took.

I did employ 4 of them for a weekend job up in town, on a price, and they still spent 2 hours a day sitting around eating :grin:

They insisted on cutting up 4"X2"s with a jack saw and nailing them together with a hammer, we had to introduce them to a chop saw and Paslode.

Dave

Just now, Davey-T said:

No they did it to "save" money, didn't make much financial sense considering the time it took.

I did employ 4 of them for a weekend job up in town, on a price, and they still spent 2 hours a day sitting around eating :grin:

They insisted on cutting up 4"X2"s with a jack saw and nailing them together with a hammer, we had to introduce them to a chop saw and Paslode.

Dave

Well my best guess is they're not retired!  I'm not a chippy and even I have a chopsaw and 2 Paslodes!

They were a bit "old school" seemed to think doing everything by hand gave their work more credibility ?

I don't do much work now, leave it all to my son, but we've recently invested in a couple of DeWalt Lion battery nail guns, no gas and they work really well.

Dave

Archived