Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

c-c-c-cold last night--------part two !

gaelicstorm7

Hi all

Tuesday night was a bit of a waste, wind ruined almost all the shots, last night was better, was not going to bother going out as was still fed up from having a cr*p night on Tuesday, but thought I'd better as I knew I'd regret it if I didn't, quick sloppy polar alignment, took a few test shots of the pleiades mount was ok for upto 90 seconds, messed about trying to take some more without the cls filter to see if I could catch any more nebulosity (have not processed yet so don't know), then spent almost an hour trying to find a messier item off cassiopea (M52?, maybe wrong), got [removed word] off and thought wonder where the crab is ?, looked in my little book, swung the scope round and BANG, dead on :laugh:, snap,snap,snap, crab in the bag :laugh: :laugh:, while looking at the book saw the cone nebula,swung the scope round and BANG, dead on again :shock: :laugh:, snap,snap,snap, cone in the bag :laugh::( (hope the crab doesn't eat it), next up rosetta nebula got that too, but by this point me hands were really really cold and was having problems pressing buttons, so took a few but there quite poor, think I kept knocking the tripod or something, any way not a bad nights work three new objects imaged, two to a reasonable level :wink::(:laugh:

Alan. (with frozen fingers and toes) :laugh:

will put them in the relevent forums soon, maybe not the Rosetta :(

have also got a few of Saturn taken with a 4x barlow and the Megrez/350D, hehehe, silly small image but, kinda cute.

Nice report Alan,

It was good here (devon) last night, although very cold, got snowed on once, seeing was brill.

spent most of the time on Saturn, wow is that something else or what, tried taking photos hand held, not very good as you can see in my post in the planetery section ( no laughing now).

Also had a look at the orion neb. and saw it clear as anything, didnt expect to as I though only imaging could get a view like that.

Must find away to attach my camera to the eyepiece.

Martin 2

Archived