NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Connecting it all up

Hey folks

Question for you about how to connect PC to AP equipment.

PC is in the house and I'm not prepared to go sticking a laptop outside with remote control software on it ( Teamviewer  for example ) . The AP equipment will be probably 15-20 metres away , I know this is too far for standard USB but have seen some USB network cable extenders , ie , plug USB thingie into PC which has a CAT5 socket on it , run some CAT 5 outside then plug another USB thingie on the end of the CAT5 and plug this into a USB hub which then feeds the camera , guidescope etc .

Anyone tried or already does this ?

+1 to the above advice. I got mine off EBay for 100 quid so have a look around for deals. It does need a 5v supply though. I cut the wire off the the wall plug that's supplied and crimped it to a spare USB lead and powered from a cigarette socket with USB connection. Checked and consistent 5v. No issues.

Archived