NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Barlow's for Imaging

Hi again everybody! 

Need help & advice from astro imagers please!

I want to try my hand at Lunar & planetary imaging & I'm looking for a 2x or a 2.5x Barlow for this. I want to connect it directly to a Canon DSLR without eyepiece projection. 

Reading up it seem s the Teleview Powermates are the choice but they're out of my price range. There's lots of chat about the Celestron's, Revelation & others. I've also come across the TS Optics which are offering Apochocromatics at a very reasonable price, anybody had a try of these??

I think what I need to be able to incorporate is a T ring adaptor for a DSLR & I think that's why the Teleview's are popular as the do T rings for the Powermates. Also seems it has to be a "Shorty"?

Scopes are a SW EDS 80 PRO & an old Celestron C8 Celestar 8 Deluxe.

Thanks again for your help!!

5 minutes ago, krobbo said:

I want to try my hand at Lunar & planetary imaging & I'm looking for a 2x or a 2.5x Barlow for this. I want to connect it directly to a Canon DSLR without eyepiece projection.

Scopes are a SW EDS 80 PRO & an old Celestron C8 Celestar 8 Deluxe.

If both scopes have 2" focusers (I could verify the EDS 80 PRO does, but not the C8) perhaps this meets your needs? https://www.firstlightoptics.com/barlows/celestron-luminos-25x-barlow.html

As for attaching the Canon to the telescope without eyepiece projection, you would use one of these https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/t-rings.html

Just make sure you have enough backfocus (the lens mount's flange on an EF canon is 44mm, and the T2 gives you an extra 8/9mm as well)

Hope this helps :)

Archived