NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Solar WL from 22 April 2018

Freddie

2018-04-22-1211awl.png.77f541c2f9152aab94eb13c4afb8f49f.png

Only just managed to start catching up with the processing from the weekend. This was about mid day Sunday. Captured with FireCapture, stacked with AS!3, sharpened with ImPPG and then final touches in PS.

Now time to start on the Ha data!!

Thanks for your comments guys.

Just about to post this re-process and saw your comment Michael. I think there could be a touch of ringing but sigma was pretty low so I think it was more about getting carried away with the processing after 6 months away from solar. I think this is a bit better and has a more natural look

2018-04-22-1211_wl0.5.png.fbf53e89d4d9fec7e8d32b825fcea11d.png

Thanks for the comments guys.

Pete, this is with the WL set-up in my signature so CPC9.25 and 2x barlow with Baader solar film and ASI120mm-s. Focusing is a real challenge with the seeing and at the focal length being used. I end up with at least 10 rubbish AVIs for every half decent one. Most days it just doesn't work at all!! I like the detail it gives but it's a bit of a constant battle during capture and processing. I don't see too many posts in WL at this resolution and I sure know why!!

Archived