NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Rag and bone man

Stu

That is what my mum now calls me.

I was putting some rubbish in my parent’s dustbin the other day, and spotted a couple of old seat cushions that had been thrown out. Remembering the somewhat hard seat on my observing chair, I wasn’t going to pass up the opportunity for comfort!

I had some old black vinyl cloth which I had used to revamp an old sports car (Westfield, sadly no longer mine) and thought I could do something with it all.

So, the pads were basically the right width and profile, they just needed a bit of trimming to length. Pads Pritt sticked together to keep everything in place, then vinyl cut to size, some careful folding on the corners and everything tacked into place. Robert is indeed your father’s brother ??

Comfort at last!

EDIT The eagle eyed amongst you will have spotted the mod/repair to the seat where it is mounted onto the A frame. Shall we just say that my heavily muscled (ahem) physique was a little too much for it, so some strengthening was required ;) All seems well now, with plywood end stops glued and screwed, held in place with metal L brackets!

8FEBAF59-50E3-4D4E-B550-3F1942BFF999.jpeg

91CC581F-5D04-45A3-8565-ACE1BD5BB078.jpeg

8FD00D50-621B-4AFA-91DF-D39F50CE8CE6.jpeg

Rag and bone man ! 

very much of its time !  i.e. Steptoe and son ! 

These days such bin diving ( lovejoy) escapades are very much in fashion !

its called repurposing / recycling / reinventing / repurposing !

but the bottom line is which ever decade your from / in its about making something from nothing !

The atm spirit lives on ??

Archived