Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Maxim 5 and Pulsar motorised Dome slaving an NEQ 6 mount

mhard26339

After 4 years of operation my shutter Shelyak shutter opening unit packed up and Pulsar offered me a deal on their new automation system which I accepted. However, whereas the Shelyak system interfaced well with Maxim I cannot get the new system to correctly assimilate the position of the scope and shutter. With the new system set-up for the Home position (same as with Shelyak and align shutter with door and solar panels) is shown as 130 deg. To get the shutter to align with the scope it has to be set at 260 deg indicated ie 100 degrees out; consequently when I try to use Maxim, with the scope in the parked position (ie 0.000) when I slave the scope to dome from Home it only travels half way there, Maxim software says it is aligned with the scope.5acdddab8b2fb_Screenshot2018-04-1109_54_41.thumb.png.d2b5c45ccb8736b5913baead0f06d869.png 

This is a screenshot of the set-up that I must have for the scope to be aligned with the scope in Maxim, you can see the scope in EQMOD shows 0 .000 but for the Pulsar software it is way off. I am sure that it is something very simple but is anybody else using this software with Maxim, any guidance would be welcome.

10 hours ago, sloz1664 said:

I see you are using the poth hub.  You haven't inadvertently put in the dome settings incorrectly; ie dome radius instead of diameter  as your dome rotation is half what it should be.

Steve

Thanks Steve, no, the settings in POTH are just the same as used on the Shelyak system and have not been changed but it will be something as simple as that when I find the issue. Although I have very little hair left doing this hobby I was reading the installation instructions (installation undertaken by Pulsar) and one warning struck a chord with me, they stressed a check that the motors are running in the correct direction so I got up in the middle of the night to check. Low and behold press the button that says rotate clockwise and it goes anti-clockwise and vici-verci; not sure but I think that may be it!!! I will check with Pulsar before I start changing wiring of hardware over Buttttttt!!. will keep everybody informed, it just has to be something as simple as this.

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike, you certainly won't regret making the upgrade as this is the system that I now use and it is fantastic.

The motor thing is a strange one but it should be easy to resolve. POTH is the slaving system that I use with the new system and I find it stable and accurate - I too use MaxIm DL.

Please keep us updated and if I can bring anything to the table, let me know.

On 12/04/2018 at 20:58, steppenwolf said:

Hi Mike, you certainly won't regret making the upgrade as this is the system that I now use and it is fantastic.

The motor thing is a strange one but it should be easy to resolve. POTH is the slaving system that I use with the new system and I find it stable and accurate - I too use MaxIm DL.

Please keep us updated and if I can bring anything to the table, let me know.

Thanks Steve, will keep you informed, although now resolved it also solves my old charging problem with the induction system, I can even view the battery state from Spain!!

Regards

Mike

Archived