Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M63 Sunflower

steviemac500

This is my take on this lovely galaxy. 10hrs in total - 4Hrs @ 600s in Lum and 2 each in RGB also @ 600s. Its very small through my set up so the image has been cropped to show some of the detail. Quite pleased with the amount of colour in this shot. Hope you like it - there is another cropped version on Astrobin too. Thanks for looking.

https://astrob.in/340960/C/

Sunflowerv2.png

2 minutes ago, Demonperformer said:

Very nice.

Sometimes it is good to see objects in their surroundings - something that is lost when the galaxy fills the entire frame. Both options have their place (IMO).

I don't disagree at all however this is really small in my FOV and i wanted to carry over the detail in the galaxy. This version is a compromise of both :) 

My last comment may have been misleading? I am not a fan of a tiny dot of a galaxy in a vast array of stars. I would regard the image posted as one that shows the object "in its surroundings". The fact that it has been cropped to achieve that would not qualify as "compromise", IMO, merely good judgement.

On 12/04/2018 at 04:58, Rodd said:

Very nice--great background.  No gradients.  No artifacts.  Wish I could do that!

Rodd

Thanks Rodd. I do have some issues with the brighter stars (as pointed out by a scientist friend of mine ?) so I’ll need to check my workflow carefully next time. 

Archived